How can I get appliances such as refrigerators, washers, dryers?
If the unit does not have a refrigerator, washer, dryer, or microwave, it will be provided by the housing office.
What items are inspected in the Housing Inspection?
Navy Housing Inspection in Yokosuka is conducted every three years and only properties that meet the following criteria will be approved.
1. house cleaning
2. cleaning the air conditioners
3. lighting fixtures in each room
4. lighting bulbs
5. each window has a screen door.
6. fittings and sashes in general have been adjusted.
7. washing machine waterproof pan
8. washing machine water faucet
9. stairway railing
10. garden care
11. smoke and heat detector operation
12. installing smoke and heat detectors in every room and stairway
13. turn on electricity
14. distribution board
15. installation of auxiliary locks on sweeping windows
16. hot and cold water in bathrooms, kitchens, bathroom
17. leaking or clogged water supply and drainage pipes
What does LDK mean?
LDK stands for dining room, kitchen, living room. 3LDK means 3 rooms and 1 LDK area.
The S or WIC stands for various “storage rooms,” “service rooms,” “free rooms,” and usually refers to a small area that functions as a walk-in closet. The defined measurements for the S room are not standardized, so the storage space is large enough for a small spare bedroom. In the case of 3SLDK may actually represent 4LDK that allows S to be in another room after moving in.
Tatami(帖 or J)
The size of a room is usually measured by the number of tatami mats on the floor of the room. 帖(JOU) is referred to simply as ‘J’ and a standard sized bedroom in Japan is about 6J
The size of one tatami mat is about 180 cm x 90 cm, about 1.62 square meters.
Can I get a pet?
Some landlords are happy for pets to live at the property so long as the tenant takes full responsibility for any damage, other landlords are not.
If the owner registers as a pet negotiable property on the Navy Housing Inspection, you can get a pet.
The pet-friendly property is indicated as ‘pets negotiable’ in advance, in consultation with the owner. You may check those properties with a keyword search.
Some owners may be able to negotiate pets case by case although the owner was not allowed them during the Housing Office Inspection.
If at the time of your original application you did not have any pets and are now hoping to get one, you may seek permission from your property manager prior to acquiring the pet.
Is rent negotiable to my OHA allowance?
The rent is the price assessed by the Housing Office. Depending on the landlord or property, rent may be available for negotiation. Please feel free to contact us. (Email: email@example.com)
Are there fees to search for rental properties in Off Base?
There are no fees to search for housing.
What kind of properties are available on this site?
The properties listed on this site are those that have already been inspected by the Navy Housing Office in Yokosuka.
How do I search for listings?
- Select Search Listings, then choose the criteria you are looking for.
- When the search result is displayed, click the details page to check the movie, photos, location, etc.
- Each property page has an inquiry form. You can contact us directly from the contact page either.
- The specialized agent will contact you to make a viewing tour schedule.
I found a property I liked. What should i do?
The property is different for each agent and management company. You can directly contact the agent at the right side inquiry form of the property information.
Or please contact to us Off Base. We will scheduling the property tour for you.
Is it possible to hold a favorite property?
Once you have selected a house, let your agent fill out the Off-Base Rental Selection Form.
On your SPW(Start Paper Work) process, the agent will secure the unit for you.
How do I find rental listings that will accept Pets?
On the search ‘Keyword’ on the top menu bar, please type ‘pet’.
Or you can contact us to inquire. Please note your criteria.